1. Do you like organization as much as I do? Many of you have received new windows machines. (I am still waiting on mine. ) Here is a website with a link to a slide show that allows you to create a customizable wallpaper for your desktop. Please let me know if you have issues with this and I will be more than happy to come help because I think this is awesome!
2. Have you ever noticed the paint roller in a Google Doc or Google Slide and wondered what it was about? It is a formatting tool.
3. Here are a couple of Google activities for you to try. The first one can be used in a spelling/writing/vocabulary lesson. I did this one Drag the letters to the slide to build a word. The second is one I found online. It's called Under the Cloud. There is a number in the box in the top left corner. Take that number and subtract the items outside of the cloud. Students create an equation in the space on the right. You can move the cloud if you wish and add the answer. Click on the image to get your copies.
4. Can you and your students complete this Breakout? If now, feel free to reach out for the answers. LOL!!
5. Friday at the Movies - A Thank You to Teachers from Power School. This is just a feel good vid.
Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools, located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus, I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler