1. Thinkfun has put some of their best games online for free play! Thinkfun is a company that Gail and I purchased some of our board games from that teach computer coding in an unplugged manner. One of my favorite as well as the students is Code Master. Now my students can play online. This would be a great center activity!
2. I just recently learned about Smart Boarding School. This site has tons of interactives and games that would be great on Chromebooks or interactive white boards!
3. I have had several people ask for more math sites. One that I absolutely love is Hooda Math. The fourth and fifth graders love it when I sit down and play the escape game during lab with them!
4. There is a one day Google Summit coming to Radford High School. Gail Moore, Teresa Howell, and I will be on the slate of presenters. If you want more information, check out this flyer.
5. Friday at the Movies - With all the negativity in the recent news, I thought it would be refreshing to just sit back and enjoy something funny.
Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools, located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus, I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler