Happy New Year and Welcome back! Is it bad that we have been back for only a week and I am already wishing for snow? In my defense though, I don't care how much or how little we get. I don't care what day of the week it falls on. And I don't care if we get off a day. I just love snow!!! So I am wishing and hoping and praying a lot!
1. The first resource I want to share is an online community called Teachers First. This is a must see and a definite bookmark site! It is an online community that shares lesson ideas and plans as well as online workshops. It is absolutely free! Check it out.
2. You need to checkout Goose Chase! Goose Chase is a service that allows you to work online to build a scavenger hunt or you can download one from their library and tweak it to fit your needs. Once it is built, take your devices , download the app, and start rocking the fun! This would be a great extend activity for your early finishers. Best of all, it free for educators.
3. Here is an amazing Google Sheet document for teaching fractions. I love this! I did not make this; I found it on one of the blogs I follow called Tech You Can Do. I have linked her site here so you can check out other resources she has. (She also has a really nice checkbook register for keeping up with classroom money.) In order to get your own copy of her fraction document, click the image. When it opens, click the blue box in the upper right corner that says, "Use Template."
4. This week I was in a conversation with a teacher who was excited because she discovered that you can color code your folders in Google Drive. Did you know that you can also label them with emojis? Check this site out for directions!
5. Friday at the Movies - Just some Eddie B to make you smile.
Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools, located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus, I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler