1. I saw this posted on a FB wall and just had to steal: "It's a Google World and we are just teaching in it." With that being said, today I would like to show you some Google search tricks I have picked up over the past couple of years. Most of these came either from my son or a student.
2. Here is a suggestion for writing. Help you students create a Blogger account. Blogger is not part of G-Suite but it is a partner with Google and your students can sign in with their Google user name and password. Years ago when I was in the classroom, my 3rd grade students were given permission to blog. Student get really excited to be writing for the real world. And you can set the privacy so that only certain people see the blogs.
3. Want the kiddos to play a game on a topic? Use this template to do so. This is not mine; it belongs to a person I follow on Twitter by the name of Alice Keeler. I love how she coded the slide show so that there are "dice" rolls available. Notice the word "dice" beside the word Help in the tool bar. Click here for your copy of this template.
4. Want to combine STEAM with reading? Try reading The Recess Queen by Alexis O’ Neill and then have the students work together to build a prototype of a the perfect playground.
5. Friday at the Movies - In honor of that Full Harvest Moon we had last Friday.
Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools, located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus, I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler