1. These are two types of exit cards that I often use in class. To use, first make a copy of the original and change the content to match your need. Then share the new document in classroom so that students can edit the document.
Clicking on the image will open the document.
2. Here is another resource. This one is geared toward 2nd grade but could be adapted for any grade. This is an addition/subtraction sort..
3. This is a fascinating study about parents and screen time. According to this study, parents spend more than nine hours (9:22) a day with screen media, the vast majority of that (7:43) being spent with personal screen media (TVs, video gaming, social networking etc.). Only 90 minutes a day, on average, was spent in front of a screen for work purposes. And remember, parents are the role models for their children! Check out the study here.
4. Most of you probably already know about this site but I just wanted to remind you that Scholastic has some amazing resources for teachers!
5. Friday at the Movies-This is one of my favorites!
Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools, located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus, I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler