1. Gail sent me this great article called 10 Excellent Web Tools for Creating Quizzes. She asked me to include it on my blog this week. Some of these tools would be good resources are you are reviewing for upcoming test times.
2. Gail is also responsible for getting me hooked on a blog that she she posted this week to the Technology Cohort Classroom. I loved this so much that I thought I would share. She cautioned everyone to start at the bottom and read up so I will pass that caution on to you. The series is called "Who was the greatest teacher at Hogwarts?"
3. Last week I shared that our own Teresa Howell from Monelison Middle had earned her Google Trainer's Certification. This is a HUGE honor for not only her but for Amherst as well. Here is her blog that she writes about about all topics Google and teaching related.
4. Winning Words is a set of free word games designed for IPads. All of the games are played just like the tried and true Memory card game. games are Synonym Match, Homophone Match, Compound Word Match, Singular and Plural Match, Verb Match, and Double Letter Match. You can differentiate the difficulty of the games which make them great center games or anchor games for upper elementary and up.
5. Friday at the Movies - Jackie Robinson
Gail and I use to be huge fans of Voicethread, so much so that our contagious enthusiasm for this site spread all over Amherst. *Sigh* Then, like many things that are useful for education, it started charging an astronomically high fee for teachers to use. I still have the free version but do not use it often. Recently, I went online and pulled off all my videos and posted them to YouTube. Several of the videos I had on Voicthread were done for Black History Month. Here is one of them.
_Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools,
located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to
work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work
with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus,
I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler