1. Many of you are reviewing with Kahoot but are you using Kahoot in your Google Classroom? Recently, Kahoot started allowing teachers to issue challenges to their students. Create a Kahoot and then assign it as a challenge. Copy and paste the link you are given into your Google Classroom. The student works through the Kahoot by the deadline you set and you get a customized report on how well they did. Really cool! Learn more here.
2. How cute is this! Here is a virtual birthday cake. Wouldn't it be cute to once a month have all the students come up and blow out the candles?
3. I just stumbled upon this fraction wall in the Chrome Web Store and it is absolutely free! Post this link in your Google Classroom and have your students navigate to the Chrome store and install. Now all your students have the same virtual manipulative!
4. My resources of the week are mathematical story problem sorts. You are welcome to alter these to fit the level of your students. Click on the image to open. Then go to File->Make A Copy
5. Friday At The Movies - Long but good!
_Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools,
located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to
work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work
with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus,
I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers