1. Muting email conversations in Gmail. Have you ever been added on to an email conversation that you really don't want to be a part of? Maybe originally your input was needed or you were just being kept in the loop concerning something but the discussion went on and on. You can mute that conversation so that future messages don't come to your inbox. Or perhaps you have muted a conversation by mistake and you need to know what is going on. Click here for more help: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/47787?hl=en
2. Name Picker Ninja is free tool for quickly choosing names at random. Using Name Picker Ninja is a simple matter of pasting or typing a list of names into the "add names" field in Name Picker Ninja and then clicking "go!" The names in your list will scroll and stop on a randomly selected name. Once a name has been selected you can remove it from the list or keep it in the rotation.
3. Did you know that the ACPS site has been revamped for efficiency? If you click on Academics, located on the top toolbar of the home page, you will find links to all the departments. Each department head is starting to share not on only the pacing guides for their department but also links and resources. Check it out! http://www.amherst.k12.va.us/academics
4. Bandwidth News. I know that many of you are frustrated with the slowness of our network these days. Internet traffic jams can make you feel like you want to pull your hair out! Promises of better bandwidth seem to be no more than mere pipe dreams but not so! The projected deadline has been pushed to the end of November which seems forever away but we will get there. Please know that we have all our ducks in a row on our end. We are just waiting for Shentel to get permission to cross the bridge from Lynchburg to Amherst. Hold tight! Help in on the way!
5. Friday at the Movies- This was not the movie I planned to share today but when Carmen Sitton from MHES sent this out I thought it would be a great one to share. Of course, this is preaching to the choir.
Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools, located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus, I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler