1. Are you looking for ways to prepare your students for the mid year benchmarks? Check out the game called Fling the Teacher! It is part of a free service created by an educator named Russel Tarr. In Fling the Teacher, you type in 15 multiple choice questions, upload your face and then embed the game on your website or send the link to students in Classroom. They get one chance to "fling you into a hole" for every correct answer they give. The kiddos will love this and this isn't the only game he offers. Check it out!
2. NEWS, NEWS, NEWS!!! One of the complaints I often hear about Google Slides versus PowerPoint is that we can't insert audio into our slide decks. Well, by the end of November, you will be able to! I heard about this a short time back but I didn't want to release any news about it until I knew for sure. Sure enough! I have it in my personal account as a option but not in my school account yet. However, according to this Google is planning to release it to everyone by the end of November so keep a watch on your account!
3. I have recently stumbled across a really cool book entitled Balloons Over Broadway which gives the history of the Macy 's Thanksgiving Day Parade and then I found this cool hyperdoc. This would be the perfect STEAM integration for your reading classroom! It even has a suggested STEAM task in the hyperdoc. If you don't like that idea, please reach out to your ITRT and we will bring in the robots and your students can design a float for the parade. How much fund would this be for the holidays? To get your copy of the hyperdoc, please click the image.
4. Do you need a STEAM idea for math, science, reading or social studies, or whatever subject you teacher? Brittany Washburn is a tech integrating educator with a blog post on robots in the classroom. Don't have any robots? Your ITRT does! Call one of us and we can schedule a time to meet with you to plan a really cool lesson tailored to meet the needs of your students!
5. Friday at the Movies - I'm dreaming of a a white snowday. . . .
Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools, located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus, I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler