1. Teaching students about "Fake News" could be worked into a lesson on Source Evaluation which has been an internet safety topic for years now. Here is an interesting blog which gives ideas for how to approach this in your classroom.
2. Are you looking for an opened activity for older students? Let them create their own games! This site allows students to problem solve by creating one of four different games.
3. And yet another creation tool! You may need to get our Tech Dept to download and install this free software but you will be glad you did. Pivot Stick Figure Animator 3.0 allows students to practice with animation basics.
4. I had a blast playing with Fidgets to the Rescue. This game from PBS helps teach those natural disaster related SOLs like earthquakes or hurricanes.
5. Friday at the Movies - With all the spring cleaning we are doing these days, I just want to say that although I find this fascinating, I am thankful I don't have to clean it up!
Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools, located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus, I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler