1. This is a great infographic found by Dr. Brendon Albon who asked that we pass it along. Many of these are available on iPads or Chromebooks and I would love to come help you find a way to integrate these into your instruction.
2. One of most favorite sites of teachers these days is Teachers Pay Teachers; however, there is still a great deal of free stuff out there. This site was shared with AES teachers by Erin Calhoun. Thanks, Erin! Check out Super Teacher Wordsheets.
3. This is a great site for teaching fractions patterning, rotations, flips, etc, Interactive Pattern Block practice. I also love the music and the wavy hand that greets you when you access the site!
4. Have you seen the Chrome Music Lab? Phenomenal site! Chrome Music Lab is a collection of experiments that lets you explore how music works. It is a collaboration between musicians and coders. Students will love this site!
5. Friday at the Movies - This one is for all you fur-mommies and fur-daddies! This is from a Youtube channel that was started by a high school student a few years back. Wouldn't it be funny to send out a challenge to our students to bring in a 60 second video relating to a certain theme?
_Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools,
located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to
work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work
with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus,
I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers