Happy New Year folks! Since many of us will not be here tomorrow, I thought I would send this out one day early. I hope you enjoy your four day weekend!
1. Here are 5 tricks you can use on your Chromebook!
3. Some folks have really wanted to use their Smart Notebook documents on a Chromebook. I have discovered a way!!! I have been playing with Classflow lately and I am absolutely in love with Classflow. Best things about it are
4. This resource would be perfect for second or third grade. This could be offered as a way to help them learn their weekly spelling words. Students can click on the letters and drag them onto the "chalkboard" to spell words. To access the resource, click on the image and then File-Make A Copy.
5. Friday at the Movies - Bloom's Taxonomy according to Nemo. (PS: Scroll down under the movie for two bonuses!)
6. It is time for our General Assembly to start working! If you would like to be kept abreast of what is happening in the Virginia General Assembly, please visit the VEA General Assembly Daily blog for updates. If you are an Association member, check with me and I will show you how this news can come directly to your inbox!
7. There is a free poster on this blog that I really like called 25 Things to Say Instead of Good Job! I printed it off as a 4 x 6 print and have it taped to my desk. It would also be good to stick inside of a teacher plan book. As I sit here and type this, it just occurred to me that this poster would be a good one to hang up and allow the students to refer to it when they are working in small groups!
_Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools,
located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to
work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work
with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus,
I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler