1. Imagine an online museum-oriented portal for learning on every subject you can imagine, from STEM-based activities to language and economics and more. That’s the Exploratorium! This is one of my all time favs!
2. eGFI is a quirky interactive website that will draw you in after the very first click. Great for site for a center, this is a great place for students to explore many STEAM based careers and one that you will want to bookmark since it is science project time!
3. Here is a template you can use to allow students to create their own jigsaw puzzles. Please see me if you want to use this. It is pretty simple once you know how. Then it will be a project you return to time and time again. To download the template, click on the image and once it opens, go to File->Make A Copy.
4. This next resource is a folder containing the documents that will allow you or your students to create a board game. The directions are in the folder. To use the resources, you will need to click on the image on the left to open the folder. Then open each file individually. You will need to then File-> Make A Copy. Please let your ITRT know if you need help.
5. Friday at the Movies - This is a "homework assignment." Watch the video below, then go to http://montagueworkshop.com/because. You are to download the template, fill it out, and then post it on your social media sites. I love this idea!
Hi, my name is Melanie Lewis. I am an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for Amherst County Public Schools, located in the beautiful state of Virginia. I LOVE my job! I get to work on my hobby, anything that has to do with computers. I get to work with teachers and students, and I am definitely a people person. Plus, I DO NOT have to give grades. Wonderful, huh? Let me know how I can help you better integrate technology into your classroom.
ACPS' 1st computers
I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it. ~Jason Ohler